Ruger Update

I think I will probably do updates until he's a year old and then randomly after that.  There are so many issues to consider when you have a GIANT breed.  My only experience with Danes came from my youth, birth to 6 years old. So the only stuff I knew was they like to eat little girl lip gloss and you could ride on them! My parents had Hercules and he was my partner in crime.  I "fondly" recall the many tail whips and slobber attacks during those years. He was my companion/sibling, we were joined at the hip and that's why I have such fond memories of Herc/Great Danes.   Having a dog with a tail is a huge adjustment in itself, then to have that tail attached to Great Dane is another story! 
Cub discovered Ruger loves to chase the laser on his Nerf gun!
  From the day we brought him home Cami has focused on his tail! Always asking if it was gonna hurt when he wagged it when he was grown up, and running from him when she sees the excitement meter (tail) going.   Morgan and Ruger definitely have a love hate relationship! Morgan hates his puppy stage but she loves to clean up under his food bowl!

I'm glad iIhave this picture because I'm not sure I would have believed Cami couldhave carried him!


Taking his pic is not easy! He runs up to investigate the camera and in this shot I was pushed over on my back!


In the last couple of weeks he's earned the nick name Slimer! After taking a drink you better clear the room or he will get you.  He thinks he fits in your lap perfectly and if you bend over to pet him you better brace yourself... because Morgan will be over in a jiffy to steal the attention!  He's 5 months old now and 25 3/4 inches at the shoulders and weighs 65 pounds.  I think that will be the last time I can pick him up to weigh him.

Comments

Popular Posts