{wyoming trip 2014}

Once again we headed west to enjoy a week in the wilderness of the Big Horn Mountains.  It's roughly a 14 hour trip from our door to the camp site so we bring books, markers, a DVD player and some school workbooks in the car to keep up busy. We leave around dinnertime and drive straight thru only stopping for gas.  Even though I dont categorize this as a vacation, it's one of the best weeks of the whole year!


my girl and me

Add caption
                                                   Dan and Cub                   Dolf and Karen

 
Cow-pie frisbee, I can always count on my son to join me



 -VIEW DISCRETION ADVISED- I apologize in advance for the close proximity to my dirty, make-less face!



 Les discovered this large granite plaque during a rest stop along the trail.  We aren't sure what HC means but we assumed it stood for Happy Camper.

 If you look closely at the edge of this 1000 foot cliff you'll find my son, my husband and my cousin laying down looking over the edge.  It was beautiful!
This was the closest I got. 


Cami throwing rocks over the edge of a cliff. Why is that activity so satisfying?

I am frozen with fear.  Fear of witnessing my children fall to certain death, fear of my lunch coming back up for review and fear of being a childless mother.  This fear of heights has come on late in life and at a rapid pace.


One of many snack breaks along the trail





We occupied the same campsite as last year and again, it's beautiful. 
I know we've talked about our flushing toilet and I always fail to get a picture. I mean who doesn't bring their camera to go potty?! Just in case you want to know, here it is.

Almost the entire group

Thanks to all for the memories.

Comments

Popular Posts