{happy mother's day}

I had a nice relaxing and special Mother's Day, I hope the other mothers in my life felt the same way.
Saturday, we set out for fishing opener on Lake Waconia.  It quickly turned into a boys vs. girls competition.  Girls won by a land slide, we had the most fish in the boat.  The boys caught a bunch but they always jumped off the hook right before they got in the boat.  They claimed this was a technique so they didn't have to mess with unhooking them.  Sure boys, whatever helps you sleep at night.



I am not flashing a peace sign here it was to show the fish count.  I just stopped taking pictures after this because I was so busy reeling them in!  No walleyes this time but we had fun being out there.

Fishing was followed by much needed naps and then gardening.  I wasn't able to get the garden all planted but it's off to a great start.  Fingers crossed we'll have pumpkins of the Halloweir party this year.

Sunday I was treated to a delicious breakfast, cards and gifts before heading off to church and other Mother's Day festivities.  We went to my Mom & Tom's house for lunch with my Grandma.  Some of us took naps while other played ping pong and ball tag. That was followed up with dessert and UNO.  I am very thankful for my Mother. She is a great example of integrity, patience and grace under pressure.  I am so glad to have a wonderful role model for myself and my kiddos.  Granny D is an amazing grandmother and great grandmother. Her love for life and fun spirit is a blessing to be around.


We ate dinner in Minneapolis with Dan's side of the family.  We met up with Candy, Jeff, Jacqui, Stephanie and Andy at Sea Salt next to the Minnehaha Falls.  The food was enjoyable and it was so nice to have great conversation and enjoy each others company.  After the meal we all walked down to the falls and explored the area for a bit before heading home. 


Andy didn't learn his lesson about exploring behind the falls. The guy before him was hauled off in cuffs after he may or may not have been yelling threats.







We are grateful and blessed to be with all these fine people on Mother's day.  Family is where its at.


~A

Comments

Popular Posts