{My son has a record!}

Well, I can't say I never saw this day coming.  I just didn't think it would be during Kindergarten! Jacob got in trouble on the bus for punching another boy in the face.  And it wasn't the first time, more on that later!  Thursday, 2-9-12 on the bus home from Kindergarten, Jacob and 2 other boys were getting rowdy and in the midst of it all Cub did punch another kid....on accident of course.  He explained it as an innocent game of blowing in each others faces that took a turn for the worst.  Even though it was an accident, he was caught by the bus driver and the principal called to inform me of the situation.  After I got the call, I told Dan and he immediately went to preschool to pick him up and put the fear of God in him about that type of behavior.  He sent Cub to his room, instructed him to write a long apology letter with lots of words and told him not to come down until he was called. When I got home we interrogated Cub for the details and informed him that his behavior was wrong.  He was acting too rowdy on the bus and he should have been sitting nicely in his seat. We grounded him and sent him back to write a letter to his bus driver as well.  She had to pull the bus over to discipline Cub and help the other boy.  The next morning he was in tears knowing he was going to have to go a talk to his principal and hand out his letters.  He tried to convince me he needed a day off from school to think about everything!!  I waited at the bus stop with him to help ease his anxiety but ultimately letting him know that when you screw up you have to do what it takes to make it better.  I called to get a report from the principal that afternoon. He said Cub handled himself very nicely and they had a good talk.  His Kindergarten teacher went with him to the bus and made sure he handed out his letters.  (She later informed me that he has a very rowdy bus with a group of trouble makers on it.  She witnessed an older boy smacking another boy while she was there with Cub!)  During the report from the principal
I was informed that an incident like this happened about a month ago but we were never informed.  He said that he spoke to Cub and determined it was an accident and didn't think it was a big deal.  But, just like this time Cub was being rowdy with his friends and got carried away.   One more problem on the bus and he gets kicked off for 1 week.   Here is the letter to Toby, the boy he punched.  

( I am so sorry, so sorry, so sorry, so sorry for punching you in the face.)

( I know that it is mean to do that, wrong to do that in the...)

(First place.  I won't do it again.     Jacob W.)

 He wrote this all by himself while he was in his room, we are so proud!

Comments

Popular Posts