{a birthday post}

 In honor of his birthday,

  "Strong" by Will Hoge, is a song that reads like a biography about Dan.
  
He's a twenty year straight get to work on time
He's a love one woman for all his life
  
(so far so good!)

He's a shirt off his back give you his last dime
He's strong
 
He's a need to move something you can use my truck
He's an overtime worker when the bills pile up
Everybody knows he ain't just tough
He's strong
 
(Chorus) Strong
He'll pick you up and won't let you down
Rock solid inside out
Somebody you can trust
Steady as the sun
Ain't nothing gonna knock him off the road he's rollin on
He's strong
 
It ain't what he can carry what he can lift
It's a dirt road lesson talkin to his kids
(tears forming)
Bout how to hold your ground and how to live
Strong
He's strong
 
It goes on for a couple more versus, which are equally as awesome in their own down to earth, normal way.  Dan's not a flashy - look at me kind of person, he works hard so he can play hard.  He's the most laid back guy I know and sometimes it can drive me crazy! On a regualar basis he's on the phone helping someone through an eletrical issue or calling me saying he's running over to someone's house to lend a hand.  He's the best example of giving more than you get because it's not about getting something in return, its about showing people you are there for them.  Here's to your 38th year of life and hoping you get all things you dream of.  
The kids and I made a cake.  I say that loosely.  They mostly licked the beaters and the frosting can and I made the cake.
Ok, I realize that the frosting leaves something to be desired, there was a whole frosting issue and this is the best I could do under the circumstances.  Thankfully, it tasted better then it looked.
 
 
Hmm, is this card mocking my father? Who would do something like that?
 

Sunday, we played a game of Tri-ominos with my Mom and Tom, ate lunch, opened gifts and napped during the football game.  After they left we went outside for winter fun and chores. 


 The girls have started lying.
 
 
Happy Birthday to you!
 
 Take a couple mintues to listen to this song: "strong music video"
 

Comments

Popular Posts