{misc}


I have a few blog posts rattling around in my head right now. Some won’t ever get published but it helps me work through things when I get the thoughts down on paper. Some are just stuck in there because I'm using the cold as an excuse to stay under a blanket and not do anything. I can tell you that after these cold temps, the animals and the children and ready to get outside again! The chickens and ducks all survived even with frost on their backs. Hoping to see some eggs soon, let me know if you are interested in some! The goats were all moved inside and I'm sure they are ready to be free outside again. The girls were separated from Tundra by only a metal cattle gate and he wasn't happy about that! The goat's breeding season didn't go as planned; one had a miscarriage, 1 doe didn't take and 2 others are still questionable. It's a shame too because we were ready with great names this year. If Julia is pregnant she will be the first to kid in February/March then it's kind of a crap shoot after that. The dogs were spoiled and got to sleep with the child of their choosing. I figured if their water bowls were freezing in the mud room, I wouldn't want to sleep out there either. 
It looks as though the hibernation days are over with the warmer temps coming tomorrow.

Here's something to take with you today: Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Comments

Popular Posts