{a winter we can be proud of}

Living in the country poses many challenges and just as many rewards.  But when winter comes those challenges are hard to ignore, most notable are the wind and snow.  Chores are just not as fun when there's a nor'easter blowing in your face! Feeding and plowing are the winter chores and they seem to be never ending this year!  I will shamefully admit I got stuck in our driveway one Monday morning during a snow storm.  With all the wind we always get drifts, not city drifts either, drifts as tall as my 8 year old son! Dan got up early and plowed a lane through the drift in the dark, he even warned me that it might be tricky getting out.  Well it was, I got the truck stuck on the way to school. In my defense, I didn't go off the edge or anything like that it was just so deep and at the spot you cant really drop the hammer and bust through as I normally do.  The lane he plowed was very narrow, so what I'm trying to say is that it cant be my fault. I was out in a matter of minutes, just a couple shovels worth to move and we were on our way.  To my surprise, Cub turned down the chance to pull me out with the four wheeler!

That night the clean up began and Dan told me the lane he plowed wasn't even really the driveway.  The driveway was 6 feet to the left under 3 feet of snow drift!  The kids are looking forward to digging out a snow fort today.


The latest round of snow brought us about 10 inches, we didn't get a plow on our road for over 24 hours.  In fact when the plow truck driver was stopped in front of our driveway, Dan went down there on the four wheeler to talk to him he refused to do it.  He said we had to wait until the next day when the pay loader came by.
Cub coming to pick me up at the road because our driveway is impassable by truck.

Comments

Popular Posts