{february facts}


The shortest month of the year was interesting to say the least:

2-1 - Our Christmas tree is still standing! No, it's not fully decorated, (I'm not that lazy) however, it is still in the dining room and we hardly notice it.

2-3 - Ruger protecting us from all sorts of scary things.  i/e snow drifts, bunnies, clumps of frozen poop, shadows and everything else he barks at.  I like the sound of his booming bark.

2-6 - Had a fun lunch date with my friend, Blake.

2-9 - The kids and I went ice skating with Cami's friend, Mia, and her family. 1st time at the Waconia Ice Arena, skating isn't a normal activity for us so that was fun!

2-10 - Our Christmas tree is still standing!


2-13 - Dan and I met with Cami's teacher for her conference. Cami is basically in 1st grade already; her teacher uses her as a helper for the other kids.

2-14 - My Explorer broke down on the way to Cub's conference. I believe our holiday curse is getting stronger, now it’s hitting us on lesser holidays not just the big ones. Dan came to get me then we meet with Cub's teacher for his conference. If you didn't already know, we don't approve of the views and expectations his teachers has about him. His scores and grades are all great, he is a social butterfly and liked by all.  He is doing great in second grade! Then we went to Yumi's on a double Valentine's date with the Schooleys, so fun.

2-18 - Dan and Cub got their first coyote of the year right in our back pasture area! Gotta get rid of those little rascals, there are no free meals here!


2-20 - Our Christmas tree is still standing and I am committed to take it down this weekend.

2-21 - brought a snow storm and was also a very sad day on our farm and one we'd rather soon forget.

2-22 - That morning we see lots of black smoke coming from our neighbor's direction. It turns out it was the farm behind them and their barn was on fire. We could tell the professionals had it under control so this bucket brigade cleared the scene and went home.


2-22 - As Cami spent secretive time in her room, I could hear her moving furniture around and then she came down stairs and collected an old laptop and other supplies. I decide to investigate and I find she had converted her room into her own classroom in which she is the teacher. I stifled a laugh and closed the door. I wasn't laughing at her, I was sent back in time to my childhood. Mary and I would play school just like this and we were not your ideal teachers either. We would roll up paper to make cigarettes, yell at the kids, etc. Our chairs were either filled with stuffed animals or just empty altogether and it always ended up with us kicking some kid out of school or there was a criminal that would break into our classrooms. Uh, those were the days. Thankfully, Cami is a much more professional teacher.

2-23 - My mom and Tom took us out for lunch after church, good ol' Ground Round. Later we discussed how leaving our tree up all year and decorating it each month to correlate with the holiday or birthday in that month would be a great idea! Really it's too cold to walk over to the garage and get the tree box down, right!?

 
2-28 - I got called "Ma'am" at the bank and after my reflex shutter I think maybe it's time to accept that I am a "Ma'am" now.  It was like that day, about 8 1/2 years ago, when Stacey and I were having trouble pushing our infant strollers around a certain clothing store thinking: "why don't they make the area around the clothing racks big enough for strollers!" We looked at each other and laughed as we made out way to the exit, they designed it that way on purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts