{dan turns 40}

Jan 20th was a milestone birthday for Dan, the big 4-0! 
We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Osaka with my Mom and Tom before they flew off to Hawaii.

He's still such a baby face!

Little did he know the kids and I were planning a party. They did a wonderful job keeping it a secret. Everyone did actually. A couple days before the party Dan tried to make some plans with a friend and Bill quickly called me and I put the kibosh on that! Sorry Jared, he can go hunting any time now!  I had a vision of a brewery tour party bus type of thing.  Unfortunately, Cub's Lakeville tournament deicide to schedule all his basketball games for Saturday night and I had to switch plans towards the end.  It ended up being a fun gathering of friends and family at our house.  A 70's disco themed 40th birthday party.
We turned the mudroom into a time machine, complete with flashing lights and streamers then once you opened the door to the kitchen you were back in 1976.  Thanks to everyone who came out, helped with food, decorations and everything else.  I have to admit, I suck at fondue.  I would have been a terrible host in the 70's!  The cheese fondue coagulated into a weird blog and I didn't even serve it.  The chocolate fondue with barely passable and I think mostly the kids enjoyed it just because it was chocolate. Thankfully, you all saved my butt and brought delicious foods that were popular in the 70's.  Things like pigs in a blanket, celery with peanut butter, coleslaw, BBQ meatballs, etc.  Plus, I forgot all about the cake that was hiding out in the car.  I think we hit a home run with the disco ball and that made up for everything else, right?!  Full disclosure, it's still hanging up.

 I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of everyone, I think I was off my hostess game a little bit!
 
 
 
 
 
 

  

 
 
Freddy Mercury was making a signature drink  
 and finished it off with disco ice cubes!

Dan's hair kept changing all night. 
40 has never looked better!  Love you!
 
I know someone has video of the disco dancing, please send it my way if possible. 
Clean up was hilarious, I found a lot of interesting things and pieces of costumes that didn't make it all night.
 
~A.
 

Comments

Popular Posts