{man's best friend}

I love all our dogs equally, just like my children, I don't play favorites.  I do however recognize each of their best qualities and use them accordingly.  You want to cuddle all night with a furry friend, Morgan's your girl.  You want to hike for miles, go hunting and run around like a crazy person, Stella's a perfect fit.  Then there's Ruger, who has a wonderful ability to fit into pretty much any situation... except for a small one.  Ha, get it?   He can curl up tight and be a couch potato, he can hang outside all day and help with yard work and he can soak up all the "love and affection" the kids dish out on a daily basis.

His main duty and the reason we got him was for protection.  Now, that doesn't mean I am going to shout German words to command him to kill intruders but instead serve as a large and loud first line of defense.  He has yet to attack anything, he's put the heat on a few rabbits and raccoons but always falls back to a safe distance and barks until the threat is gone.  Is it weird that I try to get him to attack my husband when he's walking back from an edibles search? Is it weirder that my husband tries to get attacked?  
It was actually getting dark at the time of the video so the quality suffered a bit when I lightened it up.  

We have such a unique blend of dog personalities right now and they definitely make our lives fun!




Comments

Popular Posts